It’s with great sadness that we inform you due to being placed back in national lockdown, the school is closed to everyone tomorrow, Tuesday 5th January.
We will use this day to sort out who needs a Key Worker / Vulnerable Pupil place. Please note, priority will be given to those families where both parents, or one in a single parent household are key workers. There will be a maximum of 15 places per year group. This number is imposed because teachers will be at home providing live lessons to all children. Children in school will tune into the same lessons and will be supervised by our wonderful TAs.
I must reiterate, the Government have made it clear, where children can safely stay at home, they should. Please do not request a place for your child unless you are actively having to leave your home to work.
Every child will be provided with a home learning plan for the rest of this week. You will receive information from your class teacher about live teaching via Google Meet, which will start next Monday, 11th January. All you will need is a device and Google to access the teaching
What do you need to do now?
- Tell us, no later than mid-day on Tuesday 5th January, if you think your child qualifies for a key worker space. You need to tell us what jobs both parents do, or one in a single household, so that we can prioritise accordingly. Please do this via the firstname.lastname@example.org email address. DO NOT USE ANY OTHER EMAIL ADDRESS! If we have not heard from you by mid-day, we will not be able to guarantee you a key worker place in school. We will endeavour to open the school for key worker and vulnerable families on Wednesday 6th
- Let us know no later than mid-day on Tuesday 5th January if you are a key worker and require a place at the zigzag’s breakfast/after school club. You do not need to tell us the details, we will advise Francis and she will contact you.
- Vulnerable families will be contacted by the school tomorrow.
- If you are a family entitled to Free School Meals (FSM benefit) please let us know (if you haven’t already) if you need the loan of a device for your child to complete their work at home. The DfE have promised us an allocation of devices, but this will take a little time to organise.
- If you are a family entitled to FSM, please tell us if you would like a Vodafone SIM card, this has plenty of data for all home learning needs for 3 months.
- If you are home educating, look out for lots of information that will support you with live teaching from Monday 11th January onwards. Check that you still have the home learning book that was sent home in September with the log in stickers attached. Contact your teacher sometime this week if you need a new one. We will arrange for you to collect these from the office. Use the email address conected to your child’s year group, for example, if your child is in year 3 use ‘email@example.com’
- If you are struggling and need to speak to your class teacher, we can arrange this for you, using the same system as that used for parent’s evening – this will enable you to speak face to face via the screen.
Please remember, we are not permanently closed! If you need help, let us know and we will support as much as we can. If your circumstances change and you need to talk to us about a school place later, please do that too.
Take care and stay safe.