I wanted to make you aware of the latest attendance figures for school. As of Friday 2nd November, it was 97.5% which is remarkably good and well ahead of the National Average of 96%.
Below is a reminder of our strategies for promoting attendance, the last two bullets being new developments we shall shortly trial.
- Every week, classes receive points based on their overall attendance and cumulatively a league table develops over the term.
- If a class is 100% they receive bonus points and an extra break time.
- The winning class receive a certificate and trophy in the weekly celebration assembly
- All children who achieve 100% attendance in a week are given an attendance sticker by the class teacher, these accumulate through the year with prizes and certificates awarded
- All children with 100% attendance also receive a raffle ticket to be entered into a class prize draw.