Together, let’s inspire our children to love reading
We will be having a book week from Monday 13th November to Friday 17th November when we will be joining together with the BookTrust to celebrate reading for fun. Our theme will be ‘Witches and Wizards’.
Each year group has chosen a book based on this theme, please see the list below as we would like everyone to dress up on Friday 17th November as a character from the book chosen by their year group. The children will be taking part in lots of other activities during the week based on the books they have chosen – so we hope this will give them lots of inspiration for their dressing up day!
The Travelling Books book fair will also be visiting Arunside and will be located in the school’s ICT room after school (from 3.30 – 4.00 pm) on the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of Book Week. Both parents and children are invited in at the end of the school day during this period to purchase books from a wide range of titles available.
Books Chosen by the Year Groups
- Reception – Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson
- Year 1 – Meg’s Castle by Helen Nicoll and Jan Pienkowski
- Year 2 – Winnie the Witch by Korky Paul and Valarie Thomas
- Year 3 – The worst Witch by Jull Murphy
- Year 4 – Will be dressing up as Romans as the Roman Theatre will be in school
- Year 5 – The Witch with a Wonky Broomstick and other poems by Sam Cairns
- Year 6 – The Wizard of Once by Cressida Coswell
Please don’t forget though, if your child would like to help out at the book fair, they will need you to sign and return the relevant permission slip given out by Miss Booth.